Friday, October 3, 2008

Pumping and Breastfeeding and Hair Loss

I lost about 15 or 20 hairs in the shower this morning. Everytime I run my hand through my hair several hairs come out. It is amazing I still have any left. I have heard other people talk about changes in their hair after having a baby. My theory is that all my nutrition is going to my breastmilk and not my hair. I know some girls with anorexia lose hair, man that would be scary. I never experienced any hair loss at all during my 10+ years with bulimlia.

I have been sick this month. First with an earache, now I have a cold. This is one of the hardest times of my life being sick with a 4 month old and working full time. It is also one of the most joyous times. Vin is the light of my life. It is very hard maintaining good nutrition. I do all of the grocery shopping for myself and cooking. Scott does his own. A couple times a week he grills chicken for me. Vin goes to daycare everyday. I pump milk for him in the afternoon. This gives him one serving of breastmilk to have at daycare, then I breastfeed him on my lunchbreak, and he gets another serving or so of formula. I sometimes feel sad or guilty that he has to have some formula, but I am doing the best I can. I really don't think it is too big of a deal. but I am a little worried that the volume of milk I pump will not increase if I dont' increase the time that I pump at work. Worry, worry, worry........I try not to worry. Life is too short to worry. I greatly look forward to the weekends so I can breastfeed Vin for 48 hours straight. I really love breastfeeding. It is amazing to have your little baby suckling at your breast cooing and making all kinds of cute noises. now he is starting to play around while he eats. He is sooo cute!

No comments: