Thursday, October 9, 2008

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself" -- George Bernard Shaw

Great Quote -- I was checking a woman's blog on recovery (http://onbulimia.blogs.com/) and saw that her most recent post began with this quote. It was so ironic to see because that is exactly what my counslor said to me this weekend, word for word. That was the main thing I got from therapy last weekend. It is a new concept for me ... deciding who I want to be.

Especially as I surf the internet, checking out people's websites, blogs, and myspace accounts I realize how individually unique everyone is. And every individual has the power and choice to be who they want to be. Each individual gets choose who their favorite musicians are and biggest influences in life are. There is no right answer. And there is no fan club. You design your myspace account for your own pure enterainment, no one really cares who you post as your favorite author. It is fun. It is fun to have your own interests and likes and dislikes. To have ownership and pride in yourself and your stuff is part of being who you want to be.

Scott was teasing me last week when we were on a walk and there was a fork in the road. I said I didn't care which way we went, he made me choose. I realized I do care.

No comments: