Monday, November 10, 2008

Blaming

I realized that I put un nessecary blame on my boyfriend Scott this weekend. This is something that I probaly do a little too often, and is a result/complication of my coping behaviors via ED. I feel ashamed/sad/nervous/uncomfortable about my social skills. When I got tired or something this weekend I started whining to him about us not hanging out with other couples. Blah Blah Blah. Mentally I put the blame on him. And I took it one step further and actually said it in words to him. Even though I have just as much ability to think of, plan, and encourage social events for me, Scott & I as a couple, and as a family with Vin. Scott actually did plan something for us this weekend. We went to the mall with another couple, it was very sweet of Scott to plan that. I don't think he was "overthinking" it as much as I do.

I found some good relationship info. on babycenter.com. About relationships after having a baby together. Here are some points I want to remember.....

HighlightsRethink your goals
List your current tasks
List your baby's needs
Begin sharing immediately
Shed traditional expectations
Make room for two experts in your house
Anticipate and communicate
Make a schedule
Consider hiring help
Take advantage of timesaving technology
Lower your standards
Reward yourselves
Remind yourself of the advantages of your dual involvement

I think "Lowering your standards" is funny. How true is that one?

No comments: