Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday Again

Well its Friday again! A little break from the daily 8-5. Today as I was leaving the house Vin said "No work mom?" & thank god I got to say "Yes vin, I get to stay home with you tomorrow!". Then he turned his head to look at the TV & I hustled out the door, trusting is father to take good care of him and deliver him to his babysitter.

Vin woke up at 6 this morning and I got to snuggle with him for over an hour. He went back to sleep for a bit then tossed and turned and scratched my chest as he usually does. Then he slowly woke up and was instantly happy and excited. He gathered his stuffed animals around him ... his huskie, mamma ruff, racoon. He talked about the huskie being a wolf and made a howling noise. Vin is really into foxes and wolves, he's really intrigued by them. All stemming from T.V. One of his favorite shows 'Dora the Explorer' has a character named 'Swiper' that is a fox. And the other day Vin saw a version of the three pigs and the big bad wolf. Now he likes talking about big bad wolves and huffing and puffing and blowing your house down. Much of his imagination and life involves what he sees on T.V. I can't really help that, he watches TV at daycare and some at home. I try my best to get him to do other activities when I'm with him in the evenings. We didn't watch TV at all last night. Yeah!

As Vin was waking up and moving his stuffed animals around, he mentioned "candles" & we started talking about birthdays and blowing out candles. And he said "happy you mom". I realized he must have had a dream about candles. He took a couple bites of a crayon last night & the waxy taste might have reminded him of tasting the candles from my birthday cake. Of course he said he dreamed about B's birthday. He always says he dreams about Mena & B.

I love that little guy so much!

No comments: