Tuesday, March 24, 2009

RE Connecting

I just got done glancing at the First Step Recovery blog. I read some of the posts. It made me pretty sad. I have totally lost touch with those girls. But I can move past the sadness. It just wasn't meant to be.

These are the areas of my life I want to focus on:
1) My role as a mother & my relationship with Vin
2) My relationship with Scott and our family unit
3) My relationship with myself
a) friendships & family
b) well being - health, nutrition & mental health
c) hobbies/passions (music, nature, reading)
d) career/education goals

On this blog I really wanted to journal about what is happening in Vin's life and I will get to that but I really need to work on my relationship with myself. I see myself regressing slightly. I have been isolating in a way. I stay busy, I attend activities .... Kindermusic & La Leache League, but I still feel lonely. I feel as if I don't have any real connections. I feel fake.

What can I do?
- reconnect with Teresa, Do I know what she will tell me?
- contact group members, Michelle Fatema?
- email Barb, Liz, Heidi, La Leache Leage women
- Email the Midwestern Feminist girl
- contact Jen from Houston
- Tatjana
- Kim
- Joscyln
- find some books to read about the subject
-call Kelli or susie
- contact the neighbor that stopped by on Halloween
- Becky from FC
- go to lunch with campus people, trista, angela, megan
- Shalla

For me it seems so much easier to be alone. I know I have the power to change my mind, to stay positive. I will never go back to where I was!!!

No comments: