Monday, August 30, 2010

the weekend at grandparents

It has been so long since I last posted. Vin was hardly talking at all. Makes me so nostolgic to realize how quickly time has gone. He talks in almost complete sentences now. I crave for 5:00 each day when I can go and spend time with him. I'm going to focus on the fun positive aspects of my life on this blog & use it to remember the great stuff that Vin does.
Vin broke his arm 2 weeks ago. Poor little guy. He fell of a picnic table bench. I didn't realize right away how serious it was so I waited almost a week to take him in. Scott and his babysitter decided it was really serious. Now he has been wearing a sling for a week & needs to continues to wear it for several more. He can't climb up slides like he loves doing. He has been a trooper and has not complained much about wearing the sling and wrap.

Yesterday was my bday & Vin and I went to Omaha and spent the night with Gandma & Gampa. Grampa John came and visited on Sat. night. as well as Ryan & Chelsea. It was a wonderful time. I had such a nice time & I know Vin did too. It started out by Vin playing a harmonica duet with Grandpa Rich. They played for several minutes stomping their feet and playing at the same time. Then when Grandpa John showed up he brought Vin a toy piggy bank which he liked. The weather was really beautiful as it always is in late summer. Windy and warm. All of the flowers are still alive and beautiful. We all went inside, mom cooked a scrumptuous dinner. As we were waiting Grandpa John and Vin sat in the porch watching Ira the cat and the neighbor boys playing outside. Vin talked Grandpas leg off & loved every minute of it. Vin loves all his grandparents. I love it when Vin gets to spend time with my parents, he loves them so much and they love him.

It was really nice to see Ryan and Chelsea as well. They make a great couple. Chelsea is a really sweet girl. Ryan makes us all laugh. Vin really warmed up to Ryan calling him Uncle. On Sun evening, Vin said "Uncle baby trains" or something like that, first time he addressed Ryan on his own. Ryan played so well with him and made him laugh with funny faces. Mom, Rich, Ryan, Vin, and I had a great time going to the Omaha Botanical Gardens. It was warm and beautiful out by the MO river. We road a tram through the park. Vin wanted to find a camel or a fox but was satisfied with the tram and later a miniture train display. Vin was so patient not to touch the trains even though he was dieing to.
Vin was such a trooper this weekend. He was so happy and fun even though he had to have his hand in a sling. He only got grumpy during meal times and when his nap was late. and when Grandpa John left. He's obsessed with visiting Grampa Johns house. He really likes going to peoples houses or at least the idea of it. He says 'Gandpa Johns house now". He also loves Grandma Sue and Grandpa Riches house. We always have such a nice time when we go there & I wish we could stay so much longer.

No comments: